The discipline of the protection of personal data is based on:
- I - respect for privacy;
- II - informative self-determination;
- III - freedom of expression, information, communication and opinion;
- IV - the inviolability of intimacy, honor and image;
- V - economic and technological development and innovation;
- VI - free enterprise, free competition and consumer protection; and
- VII - human rights, the free development of personality, dignity and the exercise of citizenship by natural persons.