The National Council for the Protection of Personal Data and Privacy will be composed of 23 (twenty-three) representatives, holders and alternates, from the following bodies:
- I - 5 (five) of the federal Executive Branch;
- II - 1 (one) of the Federal Senate;
- III - 1 (one) of the Chamber of Deputies;
- IV - 1 (one) of the National Council of Justice;
- V - 1 (one) of the National Council of the Public Prosecution Service;
- VI - 1 (one) of the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee;
- VII - 3 (three) of civil society entities related to the protection of personal data;
- VIII - 3 (three) of scientific, technological and innovation institutions;
- IX - 3 (three) of trade union confederations representing the economic categories of the productive sector;
- X - 2 (two) of entities representing the business sector related to the area of personal data processing; and
- XI - 2 (two) of entities representing the labor sector.
- 1. Representatives shall be appointed by act of the President of the Republic, with delegation permitted.
- 2. The representatives referred to in items I, II, III, IV, V and VI of the main section of this article and their alternates shall be appointed by the holders of the respective organs and entities of the public administration.
- 3. The representatives referred to in items VII, VIII, IX, X and XI of the caput of this article and their alternates:
- I - will be indicated in the form of regulation;
- II - may not be members of the Internet Steering Committee in Brazil;
- 4. Participation in the National Council for the Protection of Personal Data and Privacy shall be deemed to be relevant, unpaid public service provision.