Applicability of LGPD
This Law applies to any processing activity carried out by a natural person or legal entity governed by public or private law, regardless of the medium, the country of its headquarters or the country where the data are located, provided that:
- I - the processing activity is carried out in the national territory;
- II - the processing activity has the purpose of offering or supplying goods or services or the processing of data of individuals located in the national territory; or
- III - the personal data object of the processing have been collected in the national territory.
- 1. It is considered to be collected in national territory the data of individuals present in national territory at the moment of colletion.
- 2. The provisions of item I of this article are not applicable to the processing of data provided for in item IV of the caput of Article 4 of this Law.