The processing of personal data of children and adolescents shall be carried out in their best interest, in accordance with this article and the relevant legislation.
- 1. The processing of personal data of children shall be carried out with the specific and prominent consent given by at least one parent or legal guardian.
- 2. In the processing of data referred to in paragraph 1 of this article, the controllers shall keep public the information on the types of data collected, the form of their use and the procedures for the exercise of the rights referred to in art. 18 of this Law.
- 3. Personal data of children may be collected without the consent referred to in paragraph 1 of this article when collection is necessary to contact the parent or legal guardian, used only once and without storage, or for their protection, and in no case may be passed on to a third party without the consent referred to in paragraph 1 of this article.
- 4. The controllers shall not condition the participation of the holders referred to in paragraph 1 of this article in games, internet applications or other activities to the provision of personal information beyond what is strictly necessary for the activity.
- 5. The controller shall make all reasonable efforts to verify that the consent referred to in paragraph 1 of this article has been given by the parent responsible for the available technologies.
- 6. The data processing information referred to in this article shall be provided in a simple, clear and accessible manner, considering the user's physical-motor, perceptive, sensory, intellectual and mental characteristics, using audiovisual resources when appropriate, provide the necessary information to the parent or legal guardian that is appropriate to the child's understanding.